Many paid software programs come with the trial period. The Trial Period for paid software programs is very useful because no one wants to spend money on something which he hasn’t used before. Especially, in the case of paid software programs, it becomes crucial to test the software before actually spending the money on it. Without using the software, you should not bet your money on it.
That’s why the trial period of any premium software is critical. Most of the companies provide the trial period of either 15 days or 30 days. If you think the given trial period is not enough for you to decide if the software is right to buy or not, then you should check out these ways to extend or reset trial period of any software. By following any of the methods we are going to share here, you’ll be able to extend or Reset the Trial Period of any software and use it for some more time. If you are interested in resetting trial period of any software you want to use for more time, then here are the working methods to Extend or Reset Trial Period of Software Programs.
How To Extend or Reset Trial Period Of Any Software:
Method 1 – Use Time Stopper Software
This is one of the simplest ways I am going to share in this post. If you are not comfortable with the technical settings and customizations with your computer software, then you should follow this simple method.
- First of all, we need to download the Time Stopper Software. Download the software. Currently, the Time Stopper software has been discontinued by the developer; you’ll have to find the older version on Internet.
- Once installed the Time Stopper software, open it by Double Clicking the icon on Desktop.
- In the Time Stopper, click on the “Browse” button and locate the software which you want to use for more time. Just find the directory where you installed the trial version of the software and click OK.
- Now, you’ve to select the “New Date” for your software to run properly bypassing the trial period. If you’ve expired the trial period, then make sure you choose the date on which you installed the trial version.
- Once you select the proper date, Name the Desktop Shortcut of the software and click on “Create Desktop Shortcut.“
- Now, you can open the software bypassing the trial period via the Desktop Shortcut you just created.
Method 2 – Delete Registry Entries
The Registry Entries deletion method which I am going to share is a complicated process. If you are not comfortable with it, then you should not attempt to follow it.
- Before starting to edit the registry entries, we have to uninstall the software. Make sure you’ve uninstalled it before editing any of the registry entries.
- After uninstalling the software which you want to run by bypassing the trial period, just press “Windows Key + R” key combination on your keyboard. It’ll open the “Run” window.
- In the “Run” window, type “Regedit” [without quotes] and press ENTER.
- Now, the Registry Editor Window will open. In the Registry Editor, you’ll see some hierarchy of the Entry folder on the left side. From there, navigate to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> Softwares >> Software Name.” Now, delete the Entire folder or all of the entries by Selecting the entries and pressing “Delete” button.
- Now, go to the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER >> Softwares >> Software Name” and delete the registry entries of the software you want to use for a long time by extending the trial period.
- After removing the entries, we are going to empty the Temp folder. To Clear the folder, Press “Windows Key + R” key combination on Keyboard and type “%temp%” in the Run window and Press ENTER.
- Now, the new windows of the Temp folder will open. Select and delete all of the folders and files. Just press “Ctrl + A” key combination and Press “Delete” button on the keyboard.
- After deleting the Temp folder, again Press the “Windows Key + R” key combination to open the Run window. In that window, type “AppData” and press ENTER. Alternatively, you can navigate to AppData folder by following “C:\Users\Your PC Username\AppData.“
- In the AppData folder, you’ll find three sub-folders named “Local,” “LocalLow,” and “Roaming.” Open all three folders one by one and delete any file or folders in it with the name of your software.
That’s it! You’ve just removed all of the Registry Entries and cleared the remaining Data of the Software. You’ve bypassed the Trial period of the software. Now, reinstall the Software, and you should be able to use it for more time.
Method 3 – RunAsDate Software
The RunAsDate is one of the most popular software programs known for extending the trial period of any software. It is one of the alternatives for the Time Stopper software.
- First of all, download the RunAsDate software from this link and extract the folder to any convenient place.
- Now, double click to open the “RunAsDate.exe” file in the extracted folder.
- Once you open the software, click on “Browse” button and select the software which you want to run with RunAsDate to bypass the trial period.
- Now, select any date in the RunAsDate to make the trial version of your selected software to run. The RunAsDate will not edit the System time, but only make edits in the software which you want to use longer by resetting the trial period.
- It’s the time to click on “Run” button, and you’ll see the trial version of the software running properly. The trial period of the software will not if you run it from the Desktop Shortcut created by RunAsDate.
Final Words | Bypass Trial Period of Software
The Methods I shared in this post will work for you to Extend of Reset the trial period of any software. Unfortunately, if the trial version of the software has fewer features than the premium version, then there is no way to get more features. Make sure you are using these methods just to get extra time for evaluation. Do not keep using the trial version of software if you are in desperate need of the same. Make sure you buy the premium version after evaluating the software because the developers are spending their time to make software and making it better over time.