If you ask me which one is the best dating app available on the smartphones, then I’d say Tinder. The Tinder is now the best dating app with most of the singles mingling there. If you are looking for find the partner, then the Tinder is the app for you to install and use. The Tinder finds the nearby people who are using the same app and allows you to communicate with them. But, the Tinder asks us to log in to the Facebook account to get information. If you are concerned about your privacy and don’t want to share your personal data with Tinder app, or don’t want your friends to know that you are on Tinder and finding the matches, then you should check out this tutorial. Many people are searching How to Use Tinder without Facebook just to protect their privacy and not share anything they are doing on Tinder with their FB Friends. Also check how to see who viewed your Facebook profile.
Now, keeping your dating life and personal life apart is the challenging task if your Tinder account is linked with the Facebook account. The Tinder can post anything on your Facebook Timeline about your dating choices and what not. To prevent that, you should follow the methods mentioned in this post to use Tinder without Facebook. But before sharing the way to use Tinder app without Facebook, let us know why Facebook is mandatory for logging into Tinder app.
Why is Facebook Login Compulsory for Tinder?
There are many reasons for adding Facebook login option added in the Tinder app. Here are some reasons, which justifies the compulsory Facebook login by Tinder.
- The Facebook is the biggest Social networking site as of now. The Facebook has a large number of people from different regions and with different interests. The Tinder app uses the Facebook data of the user to find his/her location, and interests.
- The Facebook login acts as the verification of the Tinder profile. The Tinder collects the Data from the Facebook profile, thus indirectly verifies the authenticity of the user who is registering.
- The Tinder app automatically fetches your photos from Facebook and shows them on Tinder. Your publicly shared photos will automatically get synced with the Tinder app.
- As your Facebook account is linked with the Tinder app, any hacker attack on Tinder exposes your Facebook account to hackers and can be dangerous to your online privacy, which is the thing to worry.
How to Use Tinder Without Facebook Account
Now, the real question is, How to Use Tinder app without Facebook?. There is no official way of using Tinder without Facebook, but we have few workarounds, that’ll help you to protect your privacy and use Tinder without Facebook.
Method 1 – Create Another Facebook Account
If you are not willing to share your personal information associated with the primary Facebook account, then you can create another facebook account just for linking to the Tinder. If you are new to Tinder and still not have the account, then you should follow this method. Creating a new Facebook account solely for Tinder login purpose will help you to save your personal information from Tinder.
- First of all, open the Facebook.com and Create a new Facebook account.
- Add proper Name, Date of Birth, Email Address and Mobile Number and create a new FB account.
- After creating the Facebook account, open Tinder app in your Smartphone and tap “Login with Facebook.”
- Now, you can see the Facebook Login page. Enter the Credentials of the newly created Facebook ID and then Login.
- Grant the proper permissions to the Tinder app and Login.
Now, you’ve successfully connected your secondary Facebook account to Tinder. As you’ve entered the only minimum required information like the Name, Email, and Date of Birth, you don’t have to worry about stealing your private data in the worst case. Also, you don’t have any friends on the new Facebook account.
You Should Also Try Gmail Dot Trick
Method 2 – Restrict Tinder app from Facebook
With this method, you can limit the Tinder from accessing your Facebook account. This will help you to disconnect your Facebook account indirectly and use Tinder without Facebook.
- First of all, open Facebook.com and login to the Facebook profile which you’ve connected with the Tinder account.
- Now, click on the Lock icon, which is located on the Top Right corner and go to Settings.
- In the Settings, choose Apps from the various options located on the left side.
- In the Apps, you’ll see all of the apps that have access to your Facebook account. Find the Tinder in that list and change the privacy of Tinder app to “Only Me.”
- You can change the different permissions for the Tinder app from this option on Facebook. For example, you can restrict Tinder to access “Facebook Contacts” and leave other options as it is. It’s your choice what to allow and what to restrict from Tinder.
- Now, the Tinder will not be able to access your information and sync your public photos. Also, the Tinder cannot post on your timeline, and no one from your friend list can know you are active on Tinder. It’s an excellent method to control your privacy options for Tinder app.
Method 3 – Turn Off Tinder Social
This is the simplest methods for using Tinder without the Facebook account. You are not directly removing the Facebook account from Tinder, but you are restricting the social permission, that makes you visible to your Facebook friends on Tinder. There are only three easy steps to Turn off the Tinder Social option.
- Open the Tinder app on your smartphone and log in to the Facebook Account.
- Now, open the Settings from the app.
- In the Settings, Untick/Disable the “Show me on Tinder Social” option. Disabling this option will not show you on the Tinder Social to your friends.
You are done with restricting the Tinder app from using Facebook data. Now, you can use Tinder without the fear of letting your Facebook friends know about your activity. As there is no official way of bypassing the Facebook login on Tinder app, we have to restrict the Tinder from accessing Facebook details furthermore. The mentioned in this post are working fine to do so.
I hope you’ll try any of these methods to restrict Tinder from using Facebook anymore and use Tinder without a Facebook account. If you have any doubts or problems, then please make a comment below.